The University of South Africa, UNISA online applications 2022 has been open for admissions into various programmes in the institution.
Unisa is a university which utilises the Open and Distance Learning (ODL) method which allows students to have their own schedule. Applying to universities will find some students asking questions and needing guidance. Unisa applications are open throughout the year, depending on the courses available.
What You’ll Need
- A valid email address
- A valid cellphone number
- South African applicants will need an ID number. Foreign applicants will need their passport number.
- Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate)
- Application fee of R115 which should be paid once you receive your student number
Important Related Information:
How to Apply to UNISA
- Click here to start you applying process
- Once you’re here, you will see options for which qualification you want to apply to. Choose the type of qualification you’re applying for.
- Read the information then click on ‘Start the process’
- Read the information then click on ‘Proceed to ODL and Unisa’
- Read the information and then scroll back to the top and click on the circle with a number 2 inside which says ‘Are you certain about your career?’
- Read the information and then scroll back to the top and click on the circle with a number 3 inside which says ‘Choose or find your qualification?’. (If you require more information on the courses being offered and the different faculties, scroll down to where it says ‘Explore qualifications by interest fields’. Once you know which faculty you want to go into and the qualification you want to pursue, to go back to select, click on the circle with a number 3 inside which says ‘Choose or find your qualification?’ again.)
- You can then select your qualification by college (faculty) or level.
- Once here, you will find the different qualifications Unisa offers in that college/faculty. If you click on the different qualifications, you will find information such as admission requirements and if you click on ‘Registration and curriculum information’, you will find the modules that belong to that specific qualification.
- You then head back to the page where it shows the different qualifications offered with the step circles on top.
- You have now found the qualification you want to apply for and should now click on the circle with a number 4 inside which says ‘Apply for admission’
- Read the information and then click on ‘CLICK HERE to apply online’
- In the first section, click on the bubble next to the qualification you’re studying towards.
- If you already have a student number, click yes. If not, click no.
- Fill in your details and follow the prompts.
- Once you’re done, you’ll need to submit relevant documents.
- Click here
- Click on the bubble next to ‘Documents’
- Fill in your information
- Click on choose file and select the corresponding files from your device
- Click on ‘Upload’
- Once done submitting all documents, click on ‘Submit documents and continue’
- Now, you need to pay the application fee
Application fee information
Use the student number you receive from Unisa AND the application fee reference number (ie STUDENTNUMBER 5370810030)
Click here for banking details and payment information.
This fee is non-refundable even if you decide not to study through Unisa, do not qualify for admission to Unisa or cannot be offered a space due to limited spaces available. Unisa does not accept cash at any of its offices.
We recommend you download the University of South Africa UNISA Prospectus for proper guidance. Click here to access the Prospectus.
How to track your application
- Click here
- Scroll to the bottom and select the bubble next to status.
- Fill in your details and it should then show you what the current status of your application is.
- If you’re accepted, you’ll need to accept the offer here.
- Scroll to the bottom and select the bubble next to ‘Offer’
- After accepting, you’ll need to register and then you can consider yourself a student of Unisa.
Got any question or correction regarding this post? kindly drop a comment below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Please help others by sharing this post on any social media below.